2,000 years ago, curative properties were discovered in the healing waters of Budapest, naming it the international spa city attracting hundreds of tourists to the popular thermal baths. In creating Omorvicza, Margaret and Stephen (below) harnessed the revitalising effects of mineral rich thermal waters in Hungarian springs, to restore energy and health to the skin.
I was incredibly lucky to secure a last minute facial appointment at the Omorvicza Budapest Spa! Travelling abroad can often result in skin imbalances, so at time of my facial appointment I was suffering from congested skin. Usually I like my facials to brighten and resurface the skin, but my lovely therapist Szilvia suggested the Deep Cleansing & Pore Refining Signature.
About the facial
- The facial began with an awakening head to toe massage
- Facial steamer on, Szilvia conducted a clasic Hungarian face massage with the Thermal Cleansing Balm. My skin felt stimulated and plump.
- Next was exfoliation with the Gentle Buffing Cleanser. Once removed, my skin was spritzed with the Queen of Hungary Mist.
- Unprepared for the next step, Szilvia did needle extractions to blemishes on my face. I experienced discomfort but no pain. All Omorvicza therapist are medically trained to do these extractions.
- Back to relaxation, the Deep Cleansing Mask was applied to my face, a generous layer under of my eyes of the Reviving Eye Cream and thick layer of the Firming Neck Cream on my neck.
- Deep in relaxation my mental notes started to drift… but I do remember feeling my arms and décolletage massaged, exfoliated and moisturised.
- The mask was removal and skin finished with the Instant Perfection Serum, Balancing Moisturiser and Perfecting Lip Balm.
Take a look inside the spa
What I Bought
By purchasing 65,500 Hungarian Forint (approx. $318 AUD) in product, I was able to get the 80 minute Deep Cleansing & Pore Refining Signature treatment at no cost. But the issue was deciding what product to choose from their extensive range. I put on my smart buyers hat, I thought of what I already had in healthy doses and what I was running out on.
-Queen of Hungary Mist-
Part of the hydro mineral collection, this is your staple in the Omorovicza line. Use it alone as a hydrating mist or mix it into other product to active them. This orange blossom, rose and sage scented mist is the world’s first recorded perfume, formulated for the Queen Elizabeth of Hungary in the 14th century. I was so excited to get the pink limited edition packing!! Vegan. Available at MECCA.
-Instant Perfecting Serum-
This hyaluronic acid serum is also part of the hydro mineral collection. It has added benefits of narcissus stem cells for brightening and natural polysaccharides for tightening the skin. You can mix a little bit with the Queen of Hungary Mist and pat around the eye area for a hydrating eye cream. Vegan.
-Deep Cleansing Mask-
The Moor mud collection brings you a mask that will save your skin when the impurities come out to play. Hungarian Moor mud is rich in calcium and magnesium carbonates, humic and fulvic acids, that purify and detoxify congested skin all while toning and brightening. Vegan. Available at MECCA.
“All Omorovicza products exclude the following ingredients: PARABENS, POLYETHYLENE GLYCOL, PETROCHEMICALS, SILICONES, SODIUM LAURETH SULFATES, SYNTHETIC COLORS, SYNTHETIC FRAGRANCES, MIRCOBEADS and NANOPARTICLES.”
Overall I am so impressed with the Omorovicza spa and products! The treatment was highly effective with my skin noticeably clearer and glowing over the next few days. The products are luxurious and filled with the purest of ingredients which I absolutely love. I cannot praise the brand enough and do encourage you to look into their range!
Have you heard of Omorovicza? What product have you tried?